A RESOLUTION to Get My Home Theater Set Up by 1 September 2006
WHEREAS I regularly visit a local sports bar to watch Cincinnati Bengals games, and
WHEREAS these visits usually run me $15-20 between the food and beer, money which would be better spent getting my own NFL Sunday ticket package, and
WHEREAS this sports bar is run by Pittsburgh Steelers fans, and
WHEREAS I’ve really come to hate Steelers fans as a group in the last year, and as such, I’ve got little desire to give them any money, and
WHEREAS Rick watches the NFL, too, and would probably chip in on my DirecTV Sunday Ticket purchase as long as it meant that he got to watch Saints games, and
WHEREAS my nice new bar will be done by the end of September, and
WHEREAS the 2006 NFL season will start early in September, and
WHEREAS I have a huge, huge wall in my living room on which to project an HDTV image,
THEREFORE, Let it be hereby resolved by the Board of Directors of GFMorris.com that:
- An appropriate HDTV-capable projector be priced and selected by 15 Jul 2006.
- Said projector be procured by 15 Aug 2006.
- Said projector be installed by 20 Aug 2006.
- Necessary room alterations [thicker drapes, shortening the chain on my ceiling fan] be completed by 22 Aug 2006.
- An HDTV-compatible DirecTV system be procured and installed by 29 Aug 2006.
- NFL Sunday Ticket be procured by the start of the 2006 NFL season.
THEREFORE Let it be further resolved that a report on the success of this effort, including photos of the debauchery that this implement inspires, be made no later than 15 Sep 2006.
RESOLVED on this, the tenth day of January, 2006, by the Board of Directors of GFMorris.com, Geof F. Morris, Resident “Who dey?!” Shouter, presiding.