1. What time do you usually leave for lunch?
I try to go as close to 1100 as I can. There are a couple places close by that are packed by 1115, so I learned to go early if I wanted a table without a wait. Every Tuesday, I meet with friends for Thai at 1115, but then on Thursdays, I have a telecon at 1100, so … it varies.
2. How long do you usually take for lunch?
It varies depending how busy I am at the office. If I’m covered up, I take a shorter break. The inverse of that is that, if I’m really stressed out, I’ll go a little longer. I’ve taken up to two hours, but that’s very rare. Usually an hour if I leave the office for lunch, a half-hour if I eat at my desk.
3. Ever eat lunch at home?
Yeah, I’ve done it. Not as often now that I live in Madison, though.
4. What are your favorite places to eat out for Work Lunch?
I personally am craving Thai Garden since we didn’t go on Tuesday. Like … I want Thai, and it’s before 0700 on a Saturday.
5. How often do you bring food in from home?
When I was a broke college kid, all the time. Now, not so much. Lazy. Plus, when I bring lunch, I tend to not leave the office, and I’ve found that leaving the office is good for my stress level.
6. Are you a lone ranger or a community eater?
I eat with co-workers or friends 2-3 times a week. Some weeks, it’s every day. Some weeks, it’s not at all.
7. How often does your company pay for your lunch?
Once a quarter or so, if a meeting runs into lunch.
8. What is your favorite lunch meal of all time?
Mmm … three-star chicken Pad Thai.