Dutifully stolen from an email from David, our QE at work:
Signs you live in the 21st century:
1. You just tried to enter your password on the microwave.
2. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
3. You call your son’s beeper to let him know it’s time to eat. He emails you back from his bedroom, “What’s for dinner?”
4. Your daughter sells Girl Scout Cookies via her Web site.
5. You chat several times a day with a stranger from South Africa, but you haven’t spoken with your next-door neighbor yet this year.
6. You check the ingredients on a can of chicken noodle soup to see if it contains Echinacea.
7. Your grandmother asks you to send her a JPEG of your newborn so she can create a screen saver.
8. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home.
9. Every commercial on television has a web site address at the bottom of the screen.
10. You buy a computer, and six months later it is out of date–and now sells for half the price you paid.
11. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn’t have the first 20 or 30 years of your life, is cause for panic and turning around to go back and get it.
12. Using real money instead of credit or debit to make a purchase would be a hassle and take planning.
13. Cleaning up the dining room means getting the fast food bags out of the back seat of your car.
[Ed. Bite my ass, Todd.]
14. Your reason for not staying in touch with family is that they do not have email addresses.
15. You consider second-day air delivery painfully slow.
16. Your dining room table is now your flat filing cabinet.
17. Your idea of being organized is multiple-colored Post-it notes.
18. You hear most of your jokes via email instead of in person.
19. You get an extra phone line so you can get phone calls.
[Ed. People need a phone line to connect to the Internet? Oh yeah, that modem thing. I remember modems. -twitches-]
20. You disconnect from the Internet and get this awful feeling, as if you just pulled the plug on a loved one.
[Ed. People disconnect from the Internet? Oh yeah, that modem thing. I remember modems. -twitches-]
21. You get up in the morning and go online before getting your coffee.
22. You wake up at 2 a.m. to go to the bathroom and check your email on your way back to bed.
23.You start tilting your head sideways to smile. 🙂
[Ed. If you do this, you’re an idiot.]
24. You’re reading this on someone’s Weblog.
25. Even worse, you’re going to link to it from your Weblog, or shamelessly steal it and put it on your own.