Ahhhh, memories …

Burned-out elevator forces UAH dorm evacuation

Students evacuated a dorm at the University of Alabama in Huntsville early today when a burned-out elevator motor poured smoke onto the first floor.

Although some students complained of smoke inhalation, officials said, no one was taken to the hospital for treatment.

Fans were set up to get the smoke out of the building. Five Huntsville Fire & Rescue trucks responded to the fire.

This reminds me [and Heather] of the day when we had five tornado warnings … in Madison County alone. The first was around 6:00 a.m., when we all piled into the hallway. I got to meet Brad Byrd [whom I’d already signed up to live with the next semester] for the first time that morning. Unlike then, UAH students who live in CCRH got to postpone 8:00 a.m. exams today.

Kids these days.