We were back in the 100K clean room testing the Argon Gas Module today, and we weren’t getting anything. Nothing. Nada. Zip. So, we started jiggering things around, looking for a problem. Checked all input voltages and currents–just fine. Checked the outputs … nothing.
Eventually, we pulled the connector, and then it became clear … the former female connector on the end of our breakout box that we’re using to test didn’t fit the flight male connector on the AGM yesterday, so we found one that fit it. However, the one that fit was a male connector. The pins are short enough that they never hit each other, so there’s no damage to the connector …
… but I just thought that it was funny that we were trying to make a homosexual connection with our damn hardware. Also, I hope that Noah will forgive me for being a bit, ah, insensitive in this entry. 😉
I love this job.