Site Consolidation, Part Three

Seeing as I was overwhelmed with people willing to donate time to a design of GFMorris.com, I decided to take a shot at it myself. Sitting at home yesterday, I mulled a variety of things that I could do with the site. I eventually decided to pull up Photoshop and see what I could come up with.

The end result is here. Mind you, at the time of this writing, I’ve not done anything really interesting, and all the text up there is filler, but hey … it’s something. I’ve been using Georgia as a font on IJSM for a while, and I like the way it looks, so I’ll keep it here. But I’ve been wanting something else for a new site, and when I was playing with font stuff yesterday, Tahoma was the default … and I like it, so it stays.

I have to run off to church now, but when I get back, I have SGA stuff to send out to Anthony and then I will get somewhere further with the layout. The biggest problem is going to be consolidating archives from ijsm.org/masters/, gfmorris.net, and perpendicularity.net into one archive for GFMorris.com. [That, and there are a couple mis-filed entries in the ijsm.org/bachelors/ archives, too.] While this is daunting–I don’t really want to go a-digging through 1500 or so entries–the end result is a better delineation of Web sites, and that’s worth it, I guess.