Last week, I released a CSS Style Switcher hack that lets visitors easily change the look of the standard WordPress install by swapping out the CSS stylesheet. This is a great first step, but it would be even better if there were a number of different styles out there for people to use.
To this end, I’m sponsoring a CSS Style Competition for WordPress. Please blog about this to help spread the word. 🙂
I tossed my hat in, not to win the competition, but to fund it. I don’t want kudos for that; I just want to sweeten the pot so good designs come from it.
- Your design must be an original work and you must release it under the GPL license (you retain copyright).
- You can enter as many different designs as you want.
- Your design must be for the default WordPress 1.0.1 template.
- The styling should be done using cross-platform CSS techniques and can include images, etc. following the structure used for my CSS Style Switcher hack.
- Designs I deem to be offensive will not be included.
- You must submit your entry by 11:59pm PST, Friday February 6, 2004.
- Winners will be announced on Monday, February 9, 2004.
Throw your hat in the ring!